U-Trap-It Version 7.0
Version 7.0 of the U-Trap-It System brings many new enhancements:
- System rewritten in latest version of development software which results in making overall system 30% faster than previous version.
- For reports which includes all device types, now only device types present at a facility will be included in reports (i.e. no Bird Style devices present then no blank Bird Style report page).
- Upgraded electronic notebook which is universally available on all Android, iOS (Apple), and PC operating systems. The notebook will be accessible on all devices using these operating systems including all Smartphones.
- Assessment Pro* updated, provides the professional solution to perform FSMA required pest risk assessments and improve the service facility’s environment to stop pest activity.
- “Upon Upload” Report Generator Scheduling – If a Report Package uses this criteria type then when a service for the account is uploaded it will initiate that Report Package to be generated automatically.
- “Last 18 Months” report criteria added as a choice for report and graph data timeframe.
- Help information screens have been added throughout.
- New “Collection Analysis" report is a condensed report which shows route of service inspection with time stamp each location is scanned, type of device at Service Location, method of location input (i.e. scanned, manually entered, etc.), pest activity, status of the device, and other condensed information.
- Freehand text notes and photos can be added to Job/Service notes and also during Location servicing, Environmental Deficiencies reporting, and regarding Applications. Photos can be enabled/disabled for accounts.
- Desktop version of the Service Report now includes freehand text notes and photos.
- Improved printing of HotSpots* spatial analysis tool.
- Printing Area Layouts with Activity Only Checked –
- Only prints those Area Layouts that have activity.
- It will also print only layouts which have activity for each pest type (i.e. Indian Meal Moth) in a chosen pest classification (i.e. Stored Product Pests) and will only display Service Locations on the layouts that have activity for the time period desired.
- Area Layouts now indicate the date/version of layout.
- Reminders such as pesticide license expiration warnings now display on initial Account Status Screen.
- Active Alerts and Open Deficiencies Issues now display on initial Account Status Screen.
- 100's of additional improvements, new features, and tweaks throughout; all reports have been updated.
- Completely rewritten application in new development system resulting in an even faster application than previous version.
- Scanner software now has the ability to update anywhere there is an internet or cellular connection.
- Software automatically updates to latest version when scanner is docked.
- Software automatically repairs itself when docked.
- U-Trap-It System and collected data are now backed up on memory card should scanner completely fail or tech receives a new scanner and needs to transfer.
- Ability to scan a barcode to ensure the correct facility is automatically chosen on the scanner when starting a service.
- Now ensures that the tech’s pesticide license is entered and active. Ability to add/change a tech's license before performing a service.
- User now has the ability to review and correct nearly all information collected before finalizing the service.
- Ability to document important items by taking photos and using freehand text notes for General Service comments, Service Locations, Environmental Deficiencies, and Applications. Method used keeps freehand text still searchable in the System. Highly requested feature by customers.
- Numerous tweaks throughout the system improving collection of Service Account inspections.
Intelligent Pest Prevention
Using the U-Trap-It System to comply with FSMA
The Food Safety Modernization Act requires pest management in food processing to shift from a "responsive mode" to one that is primarily "preventive". Preventive principles are not new to pest management. They are the same principles we have use for years with Integrated Pest Management and also with the next higher management level - Intelligent Pest Prevention.
The benefits of using a preventative approach are enormous for food safety and that is why the FDA has made these changes. The three primary end-result benefits are 1) less occurrences, or even chances of occurrences, of pest activity, 2) less pesticide use required in the food processing environment, and 3) a properly maintained and secure facility. This results in a safer, higher quality product being produced in a cleaner production environment.
Why hasn't everyone always used these principles? The answer is simply the high cost for those who attempt to provide preventative practices when using a system that does not have the capabilities to administer them. There is also a quandary over how service providers are currently compensated versus how to compensate them when they use a "preventive approach". Today many providers say they are using preventive controls because that's what the customer wants to hear.
The U-Trap-It System has all the needed capabilities to comply with FSMA and HARPC. More than fifteen years ago In-Quiz-It Software saw the benefits and provided capabilities in the U-Trap-It System to conduct pest management services in a proactive (preventative) manner. Since then it has been a focal point in further development of the U-Trap-It System and also in the development of additional management tools we provide such as Assessment Pro*.
The U-Trap-It System provides a solid, methodical approach to service a facility. It enables comprehensive data collection of pest inspections and of environmental monitoring. The System even analyzes the inspections and can provide a warning of issues that are developing. Should issues be found, the U-Trap-It System management tools help the user correct the deficiency, eliminate any pest activity, and stop it's reoccurrence. The System also produces an array of documentation, including many types of trending graphs, to satisfy both regulators' and auditors' needs. When using the U-Trap-It System the facility will be audit ready 24/7.
Users report that they use 80% less pesticides after deploying the U-Trap-It System in their facilities.
They also report that they find it easier to prevent and eliminate pest activity because of the intelligence provided by the System.
Trending Analysis or Assessment?
One of the new requirements under HARPC is to conduct periodic pest risk assessments which evaluate a facility's cultural practices and its physical environment in regard to the risk for pest activity. This report can be a time consuming task to perform, especially when using conventional means. In-Quiz-It Software, the makers of the World’s leading food facility pest management system, the U-Trap-It* System, has created a new management tool Assessment Pro which helps PMPs quickly create comprehensive and professional pest-risk hazard analyses in the shortest amount of time. These assessments can also be performed as a "foot-in-the-door" first step to show your professionalism and knowledge when working with new potential customers.
Worldwide Use in All Settings
U-Trap-It System is in use around the World. Our newest version (Version 6.+) is currently available in English only. One of the reasons U-Trap-It* has such wide usage is that it is easy to use and feature rich. Users can use the System to simply monitor pest control devices or they can use the U-Trap-It System's additional features to manage a ProActive Intelligent Pest Prevention Program. And, it fits all size programs. The System can easily handle tens of thousands of devices deployed in a city for a rodent elimination program or in a plant facility to protect products. It can just as easily track the services and inspections of thousands of rooms in a hotel, hospital, or dormitory. In a simpler use it can easily manage pest management services at your local fast food restaurant. The U-Trap-It System is in use at companies large and small, from Food Processing's Top 100 food production facilities to local restaurants. It has has been protecting you for over twenty years.
Electronic Log Book
Let’s set the record straight!!
Some folks are claiming to have created the first electronic log book. That simply isn't true. The U-Trap-It System has had various forms of electronic log books since its inception twenty years ago. The
U-Trap-It System's current My Log Book/My Reports capabilities effortlessly provide electronic versions of all reports and graphs that have been generated by the U-Trap-It Report Auto-Generator. Access to My Log Book does not require a special application or special device. It can be accessed by any authorized user from anywhere in the World. And there aren’t any extra charges to use those capabilities. It's just one small part of the many management features the U-Trap-It System provides.
Note: While an electronic log book may sound environmentally friendly, realistically nearly all users still require a paper version for the actual log book in the plant management's office to quickly satisfy the auditor's needs. Rest assured, your My Log Book capabilities are also readily available should you need more; or just log in to the System to get the needed information.
Do you own your data?
Long-term availability of pest control service inspection data is now required in complying with FSMA. However, an often overlooked aspect of contract pest control service providers is that you may not have access to your data should you terminate the service provider's contract. Sound like a hostage situation? Sound devious? It should. You pay for their services and for the inspection data you pay them to collect. It should be yours. But, their contract many times stipulates that they own the electronic records if you terminate their contract. Unfortunately even if you were provided the data it would be useless without the original software which in many cases was created by them.
By using the U-Trap-It System you are in control. You can:
- Use a pest management company who uses the U-Trap-It System as their management system
- Purchase the System and service your own facility
- Or use a service provider who will enter the service information into your U-Trap-It System.
Finding a company that uses the U-Trap-It System is easy. The best pest management service companies use the U-Trap-It System because they know that it:
- Provides the superior tools to help them diligently manage pests
- Manages the issues which create conditions conducive to pest activity
- And it keeps your facility audit-ready 24/7.
Take control of your pest management program with U-Trap-It. Controlling what should be yours is another reason many companies are now requiring the use of the U-Trap-It System.
Having trouble with your audits?
The documents the U-Trap-It System produces meet or exceed audit requirements and you will be Audit Ready 24/7. The system provides documentation to comply with FSMA, HARPC, HAACP, and all food processing audit schemes. In fact, we get calls of thanks and we hear the sighs of relief from many new customers who were doing a good job of servicing before using the U-Trap-It System but were receiving poor "grades" for simply failing to provide the necessary documentation.
Audits are important but that's not what it's all about...
While the U-Trap-It System provides excellent reports and graphs including required trending reports to help document your program for audit and regulatory needs, it more importantly provides analytical tools such as visually dynamic floor plans and HotSpot* Technology (spatial analysis) to prevent and quickly eliminate any pest activity. Users tell us what is most important to them is that the System provides a solid methodical approach to help them achieve a higher level of pest elimination - Intelligent Pest Prevention.
The ability to utilize pest trending capabilities has become an audit compliance requirement with reason. For the auditor, trending will clearly show whether or not the pest management service provider is actually doing what they are supposed to be doing - eliminating pest activity. Additionally, auditors understand that trending capabilities are a fundamental tool any service provider would use to stop pest activity. Simply put, if they are not using trending they aren’t performing Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
Trending has always been a fundamental part of IPM because of its value to understand and prevent pest activity. If your service provider claims they are providing an IPM level of service but they don’t have trending then how could they be providing IPM? Unfortunately with many service providers IPM is merely a sales slogan to close a sale because the customer wants to hear "IPM" due to the benefits of IPM. Those companies consider providing true IPM as being commercially unfeasible because it requires more attention to details than they are willing to provide or can manage using their old, traditional methods. They don’t use the U-Trap-It* System.
The U-Trap-It System easily collects the detailed level of information needed to perform true IPM. It manages any environmental deficiencies to ensure they are corrected. And, it also provides all your graphing and reporting needs. There are 5 core graphs and 47 core reports, each can be customized to provide the exact information needed.
U-Trap-It is the system which makes IPM/IPP commercially feasible. Is your service provider using the U-Trap-It System? Many companies are requiring it to be used in their facilities.
Scalable Enterprise Management Solution - Eases Compliance - Standardizes Data Across the Corporation
The U-Trap-It System is an enterprise management solution which can be deployed throughout any company at all types of facilities around the globe. The System can be utilized simultaneously by both "in-house" and contract service providers.
For the corporate headquarters, a corporation-wide deployment ensures that all corporate assets are receiving the best protection possible. Corporate Managers will see consistent reporting from all facilities. Standardizing on one system also makes training easier across all facilities.
The corporate facilities benefit from implementing a System which provides the best intelligence to manage pests and has many features which will help them safely attain the highest level of pest elimination. The end result will be a much cleaner facility environment which requires little use of pesticides. Intelligence trumps pesticide use. Users consistently report that the U-Trap-It System helps them reduce pesticide use by more than 80%, further improving the production environment. The U-Trap-It System also greatly simplifies record keeping and eases compliance with regulations and audits. Use of a corporate wide system also allows the facility to choose the best service provider based on the provider’s ability to manage pests. The facility's historical information is protected by being in the control of the corporation during any service provider changes.
And, to further ensure product integrity, the System can be expanded to cover the corporation's supply chain. Many of your suppliers are probably already using the
U-Trap-It System. It is used throughout the World.
U-Trap-It Report Generator
For those users who need information but don't want to log into a system to run a report we have created the Automated Report Generator. This system feature easily fulfills the user's need for information with the easiest and simplest solution - reports automatically run and emailed to them on their desired schedule.
The Automated Report Generator enables the user to customize the delivery of reports and graphs. With it the user can create a Report Package combining different types reports and/or graphs. The Report Generator will automatically generate the report package and email it to one or more addresses. Scheduling the auto-generation is easily controlled by the user. Once a report package has been scheduled it will auto-generate based on the schedule frequency chosen. A report package is generated as one PDF. The emailed Report Package will also be made available in the user's My Log Book feature which is accessible on the website. If the client wishes to see more details or additional information related to their account they have the ability to log in to their U-Trap-It System and run an array of customizable reports and graphs at anytime.
For more information on this user-friendly feature please contact In-Quiz-It Software at 972-938-7280.
U-Trap-It System Users: To access the System, click Client Login on the menubar above.
U-Trap-It Benefits Poll
What is the greatest benefit of using the U-Trap-It System?
Tracks Factors Impacting Pest Management Efforts
No other method or system can compare to what the U-Trap-It System accomplishes. The U-Trap-It System is far more capable than a mere monitoring system used to record the date of pest control device inspections. To start, it gives the user the ability to easily and quickly capture far greater detail than would be possible by any other means.
Industrial Pest Management involves a multitude of complex issues which can contribute to pest problems. An important example of these are the many sanitation and maintenance issues which exist in all facilities. These are issues that could be jeopardizing pest management efforts and many times need to be resolved to successfully manage pests. With the U-Trap-It System these are easily recorded and the System helps ensure they are properly corrected too.
U-Trap-It builds a team approach between the service provider and facility personnel to conquer tough industrial pest management issues by providing a communication channel. Communication is the key ingredient in creating synergy to successfully establish a pest free environment.
Site Layouts and Floor Plans
The U-Trap-It System can display a "macro view" of the service account (Site Layout) to provide an overall assessment of the conditions of the entire facility. This is an example of the System's "visually dynamic" analytical tools. The user can choose to spatially display many types of conditions and pest information on the Site Layout to gain a better understanding of the facility and where attention may be needed.
The System also has Floor Plans, also called Service Area Layouts, which display a detailed view showing the individual pest control monitoring devices. Floor Plans are another example of the System's "visually dynamic" analytical tools. Layouts can spatially display information (Specific Pest Type, Environmental Deficiencies, Pest Activity, and much more) during the time period the user wishes to examine. This is an excellent tool to determine where pest activity may be originating and as a starting point for an inspection for its source.
Alerts and Corrective Actions
In the highly-complex industrial pest management environment, developing pest activity and environmental issues can sometimes go unnoticed, especially if personnel are relying on simply reading monitoring inspection reports to become aware of a problem.
The U-Trap-It* System uses spatial analysis technology to take management of pest activity and environmental issues to the next level by automatically analyzing inspection results to determine if conditions are unacceptable and will lead to pest activity or if there is significant pest activity. If the System finds any, it automatically notifies the user of the issue and where it exists. The pest technician can then easily record what action(s) was taken to correct the condition. If no action is taken then the Alert will stay active and the escalation system will continue to provide warnings of the issue.
The System also helps to correct environmental deficiencies by initiating work orders for these issues to quickly and efficiently correct them when other plant departments may need to be involved.
These are some of many U-Trap-It System capabilities which allow the U-Trap-It System user to proactively address pests using a commercially-feasible Intelligent Pest Prevention approach. Years of use and experience throughout the World give U-Trap-It System users the easiest-to-use and most sophisticated Industrial Pest Management System.